Friday, January 11, 2008

List of Current Favorites, Preoccupations, Indulgences

Periodically in my journals I will sit down and write a list of the books I am reading, the music I am listening to...the things that are preoccupying me in a particular time and place in my life. Now that I am doing this sorta public journaling, I thought what the hell, I'll share one of these lists with y'all.

Music:

  • Smog
  • Simon Joyner
  • Neutral Milk Hotel
  • Josh Ritter (couple songs...not all that country shite)
  • Mountain Goats
  • Pandora.com...excellent online radio!
Recently Read (or currently reading) Books:

  • Over the Edge of the World: Magellan's Terrifying Circumnavigation of the Globe
  • Whores and Other Feminists (I am a VERY big fan of the editor!)
  • Sea of Glory: America's Voyage of Discovery, The US Exploring Expedition of 1838-1842
  • Compass: A Story of Exploration and Innovation
  • Short Shorts (stories that is)
  • The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science
  • Best of American Science Writing: 2007 (just bought this one)

Friends I Talk to A Lot:

  • Karen Kerr
  • Jill Nagle
  • Jessi James...ah...I mean Jessi Brandt!
  • Deb Palermo
  • All my sibs

Best Friend:

  • One fat, adoring pit-bull mix who adores me despite my many faults!

Food:

  • Dark chocolate

Drink:

  • Kettle One martinis...or screwdrivers...always vodka tho





No comments: